Prevention is better than treatment. This is particularly true for car failures as repairs sometimes cost you a fortune. The best way to prevent your vehicle from falling apart is to maintain it in top form as long as possible. This implies periodic inspections and ensuring that the periodic service includes everything it needs to avoid future tow truck dublin services.
It can also create a enormous difference by fully equipping your car with all normal instruments. For instance, if you have a easy tyre, it will alter between a 20 minute drive break and a 2 hour wait in a garage with a very large bill.
There are also other steps that you can take to be controlled in the event of a vehicle failure. The following steps include:
1. Arrangement for cover for vehicle breakdown. Make sure your breakdown cover extends to your journey while traveling overseas. Contact your insurance company to see if it does. You should organize a distinct insurance policy if you do not.
2. Maintain a road map in the vehicle. Even if you have a GPS device, a roadmap in the vehicle should still be in place for any scenario. You can readily find out if you have a roadmap and clarify where you are if the navigation loses battery or signal.
3. Make sure you always charge your phone. If your vehicle breaks down on a less traveled highway, losing touch may be a bad experience. With an in-car charger, your mobile battery will never run low.
4. Keep the breakdown cover supplier amount at hand. While the number is on the insurance policy, it is also wise to save it on your telephone.
5. Keep a reflective waterproof jacket in the vehicle. If you fail on the motorway on rainy weather and have to wait for assistance, this will be very helpful.
6. Keep a red warning triangle reflective in the vehicle. In most EU nations a reflective red warning triangle and reflective vest are compulsory and must be used, even if this is not very wise. These triangles should be positioned approximately 50 meters behind the vehicle.
7. Preparation for breakdowns in winter. Maintain some hot clothes and a blanket while traveling in winter and some chocolate bars in the vehicle. This helps you to remain hot and fed while waiting for breakdown assistance.
8. Keep boots walking in the vehicle. If your car breaks off along the road you probably don’t have to wait or go to a high heels petrol station or a couple of beautiful leather shoes.
For points 5 and 6, your vehicle should already be fitted with a reflective jacket, a red triangle, a safety medical kit and a fire extinguisher as required by law if you are a European. Before establishing these 8 safety measures, the list should be verified.
If you experience a car crash here on the motorway, you should(using towing services):
1. Pull right away to the left. As quickly as you think that there is something wrong, pull left on the safety lane and switch the lights on.
2. Target an emergency telephone. If you know what the issue with the vehicle is and believe you can reach the next emergency telephone, you should. Use your phone to get in touch with the policy. You will understand where you are instantly.
3. Don’t attempt to repair your own vehicle. You shouldn’t attempt to fix the vehicle yourself unless you are a qualified mechanic. The best choice is to call a vehicle breakdown recovery service.
4. Stationary hints. Stationary hints. It is best to push the front wheels to the edge when your vehicle is stationary. This way you won’t relocate to the motorway if your vehicle is struck from behind.
5. Get our vehicle for your travelers. Have your travelers leave the vehicle through the left gates (right if in Europe). The travelers should then wait for assistance and sit behind the obstacle.
6. Put 147 feet behind the vehicle in the red triangle.
7. Call for assistance. Call for assistance. If your mobile phone is out of battery or service, you can call the police using motorway emergency phones. Search for the closest marker to see where you are. Every 100 meters you will discover a roadside marker.
8. Wait for help close the car. Make sure you are away from traffic, preferably behind the obstacle while waiting for assistance.
It can be just as hazardous to break down your vehicle on a city highway instead of on the highway. If the vehicle breaks down on a city road, here is what you should do:
1. Pull to a safe place.
2. Turn on the lights of danger.
3. Put the red reflective triangle in place.
4. Call for help. Call for help.
5. Wait patiently for assistance.
Hopefully, any of the advice we have mentioned above will not be needed in the near future. But as we said at the beginning, avoidance is better than cure, so keeping them in mind will always assist if your vehicle ultimately breaks down. We wish you a secure journey from the Towing247 Car Recovery team.