Towing Dublin (Towing247.ie): We offer 24 hours towing roadside help in Dublin and its surrounding areas and a variety of car rescue services. No matter what the problem is, we will enjoy to send out a fully equipped tow truck to you with a qualified and expert tow truck driver to help you.
How To Load A Car On A Tow Dolly
For road trips, many Recreational Vehicle owners decide to include an auxiliary car. It’s important to know how to pack a car on a tow dolly if you’ve decided to travel by RV for your next getaway.
Towing your car won’t happen if you can not appropriately pack it onto a tow dolly. The process of loading a car onto a dolly is straightforward. You do not have to be a professional and we’re more than pleased to teach you how to fill your car on your car tow dolly. We’re certain you’ll have it down to a matter of minutes with a few practices.
Do Not Ignore These Aspects
A number of aspects will affect your car’s ability to be packed on and consequently hauled by a tow dolly.
Your car’s make and design
The make from your car will affect how simple it becomes to load your vehicle and hit the road.
A car tow dolly is primarily matched for automobiles with front-wheel drive transmissions. When filling on a tow dolly, such a model requires no special actions. With a front-wheel drive, power from the engine goes to the front wheels alone.
It’s simply the front wheels that’ll get on the tow dolly. The process makes for easy loading or dumping of your front-wheel-drive car.
Your car’s weight
Knowing the weight of the automobile being pulled is essential. In any case, what is necessary is that your tow car must be heavier than your vehicle-in-tow. It is recommended that it should be 750 pounds heavier a minimum of. If your car weight goes beyond that of what the dolly can tow, towing might end up being harmful without additional brakes and other security equipment.
If your vehicle is ideal to be dolly pulled, it’s prudent to research study. Make sure to peruse your car owner’s handbook too prior to filling your car on a tow dolly
Kind of dolly
2 types of tow dollies prevail today. They are the mounted front wheels dolly and main pivot dolly.
The mounted front wheels dolly.
The mounted front wheels dolly has wheels which act likewise to the front wheels of your car. These turn on kingpins. Plus, they permit your car to proceed a pivot that sits between the trailer wheels. This type is safer to use. During weaves, they decrease the chances of your vehicle-in-tow striking the rear end of your Recreational Vehicle. Examples include:
- EZE TOW Car Tow Dolly
- Kar Kaddy SS Tow Dolly
The center pivot Recreational Vehicle dolly
This type of dolly is quite comparable to the installed front wheels dolly. This type of dolly sports fixed trailer wheels.
- Stehl Tow Dolly
- Master Tow Dolly
- Demco Tow It 2 Tow Dolly
- American Car Dolly
- Ultra Tow Dolly
Connecting Your Tow Dolly
If you have actually got your preferred option of tow dolly, all you need to do is to attach it to your Recreational Vehicle. Follow our total guide to help you in securing your tow dolly to your Recreational Vehicle. After whatever is attached, you’re ready to load your car onto your tow dolly.
Tips Prior To You Load
Prior to you pack your car, you ‘d want to keep these couple of tips in mind. That way, you’ll be doing what’s best for your car, and your dolly.
- Again, just load a front-wheel-drive automobile
- Make certain your lorry is ready for loading.
- It’s excellent to examine the lorry tires prior to filling your car, to make sure they have enough air for the road. You don’t want to be towing the car and get a flat tire, because you didn’t inspect the pressure.
- Check your tow dolly before loading your car.
- Double-check that the tires are set, the dolly is properly attached, and that the pins and security chains are firmly secured.
- Make certain the back of your vehicle is empty.
- If you put excessive weight in the back of your lorry, you risk ‘whipping’ your car around on the road. ‘Whipping’ is when your car moves from side to side rapidly, because of an improper weight balance.
- Have all the correct devices ready to go.
- Have your tire straps, brake lights, and other devices on standby for when you’re done loading your car.
How to Load Your Car onto A Tow Dolly
Once all the correct set up has been done, it’s time to fill your car onto the tow dolly! Here are all the essential steps you need to take to get your car completely loaded onto your tow dolly.
- Park your car and tow dolly on a flat, firm surface, and have them aligned with each other
- Extend the ramps of your tow dolly, and lay the tire straps flat on the ground
- Center your lorry with the dolly
- Slowly drive your car up the ramp, so it locks safely on the ramp
- Ensure you drive off the front of the dolly.
- If you have a locking column it should be left unlocked to utilize the” EZE-TOW” Car Tow Dolly.
- Park your car, and make sure to apply the parking brake
- Once you’ve filled your vehicle, it’s time to protect your car– you can read the directions on how to strap down a car tow dolly quickly and efficiently
- After following all the appropriate steps, ensure your car remains in park which the brake has been launched. Your steering column should be opened.
- Drive your Recreational Vehicle around the block to guarantee whatever is set to go.
It’s time to strike the roadway as soon as everything looks and feels protected! When you’re towing an automobile to examine your tire straps in between stops, simply remember.
Towing your car won’t occur if you can not properly fill it onto a tow dolly. You do not have to be a professional and we’re more than pleased to teach you how to load your car on your car tow dolly. A car tow dolly is mainly matched for lorries with front-wheel drive transmissions. If your car weight exceeds that of what the dolly can tow, towing might end up being unsafe without extra brakes and other safety devices.
After everything is attached, you’re ready to fill your car onto your tow dolly.
Give us a call in Dublin on 087 6555561 today to learn more about our tow services. We’re here to assist you if you require emergency situation roadside healing for any reason.
NEED CAR TOWING IN DUBLIN?
You can depend on us if you require emergency car recovery in DUBLIN. Your car will be entirely safe with our DUBLIN towing business, and we can take it to the regional garage of your choice.
- 24H Towing Service Dublin
- Car Recovery Dublin
- Breakdown Roadside Assistance
- Nationwide Vehicle Transport
- Machinery Transport Dublin
- Misfuel Rescue
- Jump Start Flat Battery
- Accident Recovery
Our Office Location: